GUIDELINES FOR CLINICAL SPECIMEN SPECIFICATION, PACKAGING AND SHIPPING
TEST REQUEST FORM (TRF)
For clinical services that requires clinical report,
1.1 Customer must fill and submit TRF and consent form with each specimen.
TRF must have below information along with signed consent form for clinical services:
- Patient full name (Last Name, First Name)
- Date of Birth
- Hospital ID/ Patient ID
- Date of collection
- Time of collection
- Source of specimen
- Identity (Initials) of the person collecting the sample
- Name and address (if different than the receiving laboratory) of the physician, legally authorized person ordering the test, or name and address of the laboratory referring the specimen
- Test requested
- Clinical history or any clinical report has to be attached if available
- Ethnicity of the patient
For clinical services that requires fastq data,
1.2 Customer must fill and submit Sample Submission for each batch of specimen.
The metadata form can be filled if patient details are available.
Sample submission must include below information:
- Patient full name (Last Name, First Name or sample code given by client)/Patient ID
- Client details
- Sample type
- Concentration (ng/ul) (Only for extracted DNA)
- A260/230 ratio (Only for extracted DNA)
- A260/280 ratio (Only for extracted DNA)
- Vol (ul/ml)
The test request form should be filled legibly in English language only.
If the test request form is not submitted with the mentioned guidelines, the samples will be rejected.
PROPER LABELLING OF TUBES
Each Sample tube must be labelled with at least two identifiers.
Patient full name (Last Name, First Name) (Written exactly as it appears on the test request form) is a mandatory identifier.
The second identifier can be:
- Date of birth
- Hospital number
- Social security number
- Requisition number
- Accession number
- Unique random number
- Sample ID of sending organization
Specimens collected for laboratory testing must be labelled legibly using a permanent marker and in English language only.
Improperly labelled specimens will be rejected
Samples must follow the Specifications mentioned below:
*AGMX only accepts isolated or extracted DNA for which extraction or isolation is performed in an accredited laboratory.
PACKAGING & SHIPPING
- Make sure that the tubes are properly closed and sealed with at least five layers of parafilm before they are dispatched
- Make sure samples are not in direct contact with dry ice or ice bags. Sample should be wrapped in paper or filter paper to prevent direct contact with ice
- Samples must be individually packed in “Specimen Bag” and related TRF and other documents for that sample must be in a separate pouch
1. Freezing Condition
DNA samples can be transported Frozen in Dry Ice (if transportation will take more than 2 days) Alternatively, if transportation will take less than 2 days, DNA samples can be transported with gel packs (Gel packs must be pre-frozen at -20 °C for 24 hours prior to use).
- Remove all contents of transport box
- Break dry ice into small pieces and place at bottom of the box
- Place samples sealed in Zip lock bag over the dry ice
- Place perforated sponge over the samples
- Close the Thermocol lid
- Seal the cardboard box and transport to laboratory immediately
- Indicate Frozen Samples in Dry Ice on cardboard box
Box Guidelines for Dry Ice Shipments:
- 1.5 to 2 Kgs Dry-ice for 1 to 2 days shipment
- 2 to 2.5 Kgs Dry ice for 2 to 3 days shipment
- Box size – 10″ x 12 “
Samples can be transported at refrigerated condition with gel packs (Pre-frozen at 0 °C for 24 hours prior to use).
- Remove all contents of Transport box.
- Place a frozen gel pack at bottom of Thermocol box
- Place a layer of perforated sponge over the pre-frozen gel pack.
- Place specimens sealed in a zip lock bag over the perforated sponge.
- Cover specimens with second layer of perforated sponge
- Place another pre-frozen gel pack over the samples.
- Place unperforated sponge and close Thermocol lid.
- Seal the cardboard box and transport to laboratory immediately.
- Indicate ‘Refrigerated Samples’ on cardboard box.
Note: In case a transport bag is being used, place pre-frozen gel packs in the pockets of the bag and ziplocked samples to be placed in the center of the bag.
Samples transport box should be shipped at below address:
Agiomix FZ. LLC.
Warehouse Complex, Block D,
Dubai Science Park, Al Barsha South, Dubai
United Arab Emirates
Contact No: +97144224601
SPECIMEN ACCEPTANCE AND REJECTION CRITERIA: